|For Patients and Visitors at PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center
Our caregivers are dedicated to making your experience here as pleasant, comfortable, and informative as possible. This part of our website has been prepared with those goals in mind.
The links on this page will help guide you to the information you´re looking for.
If the information you need is not on this Web site, please call the main hospital number, 360.256.2000 if you need the information quickly. Otherwise, e-mail the Southwest Webmaster.
Click here to find a department or service
Some important items you should know include:
- Patient Directory Information. Under a federal law known as HIPAA, you have the right choose to not be listed in the patient directory. If you choose this option, your name will not show up as a patient in the patient information system. Anyone who comes to the hospital or calls for you will be told that you are not a patient. Flowers and mail will be returned.
If you opt out of the Patient Directory, you should ask a relative or friend to notify family and friends of your room number if you would like them to visit you. They will not be able to get that information at the Information Desk.
If you do choose to be in the patient directory: Under HIPAA, if a person inquires about you by your name, hospital staff may release your location and a one-word condition. No other information may be released without your written consent.
- Smoke-free campus. To protect your health and the health of everyone who comes to PeaceHealth Southwest, smoking is limited to smoking huts located outside of the building. Please do not smoke in any building, at any entrance or anywhere on the grounds except in the smoking huts. If you are a patient who smokes, please let your caregiver or provider know so that they can plan your care appropriately and provide nicotine patches or other aids to keep you comfortable during your stay.
- Your rights and responsibilities. Your rights and responsibilities as a patient are outlined in your Patient's Rights.
- Privacy Practices. Your health information is confidential. The Notice of Privacy Practices explains how your records are protected.
- Questions or concerns about your visit?
We encourage you to promptly contact the staff assisting you or ask to talk with the manager. He/she can often answer your questions or solve your issues. To contact Southwest Patient Relations
You also have the right to contact the Joint Commission's Office of Quality Monitoring to report any concerns or register complaints about a Joint Commission-accredited health care organization by either calling 1/800-994-6610 or e-mailing email@example.com.
- call 360.514.2286
- mail: Southwest Washington Medical Center, PO Box 1600, Vancouver, WA 98668
- Visiting hours — Visiting hours may be flexible, depending on the patient's needs. Please check with the patient's nurse to arrange for visitors outside of visiting hours.
||Digital Patient Information Guide
View our digital Patient Information Guide, which will answer common questions and concerns and prepare you for being a patient at our medical center.
|How to contact a patient or get information about a patient.
Telephone: (360) 256-2000
from Portland (503) 972-3000
Patients may give out the direct telephone number to their rooms. Hospital staff may only provide this information with the patient's permission.
Mail may be sent to in care of PeaceHealth Southwest, P.O. Box 1600, Vancouver, WA 98668.
Deliveries should be sent to 600 N.E. 92nd Avenue, Vancouver, WA 98664 or 3400 Main St., Vancouver, WA 98663 for Memorial patients.
Why didn't I get my mail?
Mail, gifts and flowers may not reach you if you have chosen to exclude your name from the patient directory listing. Please see privacy information under Patient Directory Information.